CE TEEN RELATIONSHIP VIOLENCE CLASS
CONTINUING EDUCATION TRAINING • This course is designed for mental health professionals •
Price: $50.00 (no additional fees apply)
CE Credits/Hours: 5
Location: (online) *Self-Paced Class*
CE Teen Relationship Violence Course Description:
CE Teen Relationship Violence deals with recognizing, understanding, intervening, and preventing Teen Relationship Violence (TRV). The course defines TRV, discusses the impact of TRV-both short and long-term. Potential victims and perpetrators are defined, as well as methods of becoming aware of the existence of TRV. There is a discussion of barriers to treatment and recommendations for treatment and prevention strategies.
Other Activities: None, (this is a “self-paced” online course that you take at your own pace)
What is covered?
- What is Teen Relationship Abuse and Violence?
- How is TRV different from adult Domestic Violence and Abuse?
- What are the indicators of Teen Relationship Abuse and Violence?
- What are the consequences of Teen Relationship Abuse and Violence?
- The importance of treating and intervening with Teen Relationship Abuse and Violence.
SPECIFIC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify four forms of TRV.
- List four long-term effects of TRV.
- Itemize three differences between adult relationship violence and teen relationship violence
- Register three behaviors that could indicate TRV.
- Catalog three reasons that teens might not report or acknowledge TRV
- Register 2 reasons why TRV escalates at a much higher rate than adult relationship violence.
- Itemize three long/short effects of TRV
- Enumerate three signs that a teen may be an abuser.
- List three reasons TRV is still such a “hidden” issue
- **Live Streaming (online)**: Students must be in full attendance during the entire training.
- To Request Accommodation for Disability: Please call 619-688-1035 to request accommodations you may need for this training. Every effort will be made, within what is reasonable, to accommodate various disabilities or unique situations that call for adjustment. If we are unable to accommodate a particular need, AMC will look for alternative training and refer the customer to other options.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy As a general policy, refunds are available with a 15% service charge up to 7 days before the training. No refunds are allowed for registrants’ canceling within 7 days of the training. Registrants may email requests for consideration for cancellation in the event of unusual circumstances, however, there is no guarantee of refund (at least a minimum cancellation fee would be applied). In the unlikely event that this course is canceled by AMC, a full refund will be issued within 7 days of cancellation.
- Procedure for Filing a Grievance: We intend to maintain a professional, educational, and amicable relationship with those whom we serve. If we slip from these standards, we wish to take corrective action promptly. To that end, should you have a concern, please inform us in writing (details at www.affordablemandatoryclasses.com) We will respond as quickly as possible as appropriate to the situation
The course meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.